Since cutting off all my hair my hair routine is super simple and super quick!
I am simply doing wash & goes every day and deep conditioning once or twice a week.
I have been reading up on the Max Hydration Method for a while and have incorporated a few things from it into my regimen.
Since my hair is in its short stage I do not want to go all out with what I am doing to my hair. This is what I am doing to my hair on a daily and weekly basis.
- Rinse hair very well under shower
- While hair is still soaking wet, apply light conditioner and massage through focusing on the very front, sides, and back, as these are the driest parts of my hair.
- Apply oil to scalp and massage in making sure to lightly coat the hair. I like to use Castor Oil or one of my own oil blends with essential oils.
- Deep condition the hair with a heavy conditioner, mixed with honey and oils
- Apple Cider Vinegar rinse
- Baking Soda rinse
- Shampoo if I feel the need to (which is usually about once a month)
I will say if I had bentonite clay or another kind of clay I would definitely do the fully MHM every 2-3 days.
However, since I started back cowashing everyday like I used to, my hair is a lot more moisturized and my curls are popping like crazy!! The sides and the very front of my hair have had a harder time forming the curl as compared to the rest of my hair. Because of this I have been focusing on those sections a little more.
I shampoo with Nizoral for my scalp issues. I feel like it does help when I get that weird burning sensation, as well as the Apple Cider Vinegar rinse.
My hair is responding to this very well and I definitely feel like the shedding that I had been experiencing has subsided greatly! My hair is becoming more and more moisturized everyday and I am not experiencing any breakage at all!
That makes me pretty happy!!