Here is what I do on a daily basis:
- cowash with any v05 or suave conditioner(depending on the need of moisture or protein)
- use conditioner as a leave in
- brush back with a denman d4 for a smoother ponytail otherwise use a wide tooth comb
- use a cut kneehigh as a holder and tie a scarf around till dry
- don't touch hair till dry, ponytail will be nice and curly
- make a bun(twist and wrap) or tuck ends under ponytail holder
- baggie the ends with a mix of an oil and conditioner ( usually evoo and v05 moisture milk and split ends) and cover w/ kneehigh and/or phony pony/bun
- cowash then use cond as leave in
- add an oil concentrating on ends(evoo, castor, or coconut oil works best)
- add styling products - optional( don't have to but i use gel, smoothnshine or fantasia, sometimes)
- smooth/scrunch/shake, whatever they all give different results
Add a spoonful honey in a cup full of water and use as the final rinse
I am trying to avoid individual braids and sew-ins so my hair can thicken back up. Its been a few months since the last set and i can see little hairs growing back in. I plan on getting some sulfur powder to make my own MTG mix to use on my scalp to thicken it up even more.
I also do rollersets every now and then. The only thing is I haven't found a good moisturizer that will not revert my hair back because my hair seems to dry out after the first day or two. Still practicing...
Last but not least i take a b-complex now and plan to add MSM, flax seed and evening primrose oil, and biotin into my vitamin reg.